Embattled Cricket Australia (CA) Chairman David Peever is set to step down in the wake of a review into the board's governance and culture, local media reported on Thursday.
All players granted permission to play would have to be available to play at the World Cup and on the Ashes tour of England that follows in August and September, the governing body said in a statement.
Former right-arm pacer Jason Gillespie has accused Cricket Australia of not supporting its players as the Board officials are too occupied mantaining their cordial relationship with their Indian counterparts.
ACA has increased the pressure on CA to lift the ban on Smith and Warner ever since an independent review claimed that the 'culture' nurtured by the board contributed to the ball-tampering scandal, which rocked the nation in March.
The HC asked him to furnish a bail bond of Rs two lakh and a surety of like amount.
Also, Justin Langer's chances of getting a fresh contract will depend on Cricket Australia's meeting where the top bosses are expected to take a call.
Australia's Fair Work Ombudsman is investigating the national cricket board's controversial pregnancy clause in contracts offered to elite women players.
A slew of Cricket Australia executives have resigned or been axed since the Longstaff report was released last week, shining a spotlight on cultural problems in the game's administration.
Shah will have the responsibility of heading ICC's most important committee. Al the major financial policy decisions are taken by the F&CA committee before it is ratified by the ICC board
Cricket Australia's attempt to change the 50-over ODI format by introducing a new 40-over competition has received a setback following the International Cricket Council's approval for the existing format for the 2015 World Cup.
The tour will include a 14-day quarantine-cum-training period in Sydney starting November 12 for the Indians who will fly in after the IPL final on November 10.
Disgruntled Australian batsman Simon Katich managed to avoid a suspension and was, on Monday, let off with a reprimand by his Cricket Board after pleading guilty to the charge of making detrimental public comments in a disciplinary hearing in Melbourne.
Ganguly had said India will lock horns with England, Australia and one other top cricketing side in an annual ODI series starting 2021.
The Australian Cricketers' Association set up a business to manage and market players' intellectual property should they be unable to strike a pay deal with the national cricket board.
After facing allegations of racially vilifying South African born former coach Mickey Arthur and a revelation about Michael Clarke considering Shane Watson a 'cancer', Cricket Australia is set to be in more trouble as Nathan Bracken prepares to take the board to the New South Wales Supreme Court on July 31.
The Australian cricket board (Cricket Australia) is concerned after the bomb blasts that rocked Hyderabad on Thursday, but Cricket Australia has said there is 'no reason to doubt' that the match would go ahead as planned.
Australian cricket authorities are bracing up for a final round of deliberations on reducing the ball-tampering ban on Steve Smith and David Warner, with a face-off against an upbeat India awaiting the weakened home team.
Former Australia captain Mark Taylor resigned from Cricket Australia's (CA) board of directors on Monday, as the fallout from a scathing review into the governing body's culture claimed another victim.
Hockley said the Indian cricket board (BCCI) was 'fully across (and) supportive' of quarantine requirements in Queensland.
The twin blasts in Bangalore has sounded alarm and the Cricket Australia said they would talk to the Indian Premier League authority soon to take stalk of the security situation in the country.
Australia's men's team has withdrawn from their one-day international (ODI) series against Afghanistan in March following further restrictions on women's and girls' rights imposed by the Taliban.
BCCI vice-president Lalit Modi said two or three Australian players have already signed up with IPL and more are likely in the next 24 hours.
'The revenue is going to go down significantly, 50% they are banking on at the moment and that's an optimistic position, I believe. The players will take a whack.'
BCCI could earn USD 1.15 billion in revenue share from the ICC during the next five-year cycle.
A child sitting near the window was reportedly pulled by the suction, and his shirt was torn off.
Throwing its weight behind the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB), the BCCI today warned Australia against pulling out of their March-April tour to Pakistan, saying the move could lead to serious repercussions.
The prospect of a depleted Australia team struggling on home pitches against India in the coming summer could add further heat from broadcasters
Australia's cricket board gambled that greed would motivate top players into accepting a pay offer and while that bet has backfired the parties are likely to thrash out a deal in time to avert an Ashes boycott, former captain Ian Chappell said.
'I think personally the home country should have the right to schedule matches as it sees fit and start them at whatever time of day they want'
After a successful career as a player, Matthew Hayden is now gearing up to become an administrator and could replace Allan Border in Cricket Australia's Board.
'But I wouldn't, hand on heart suggest we'll have full crowds from the start. We'll just have to see how that goes'
Cricket Australia is likely to drop John Howard as its candidate for the International Cricket Council's president-elect post on Friday, a media report said.
Cricket Australia (CA) announced a A$590 million broadcast agreement with Channels Nine and Ten on Tuesday, confident the new deal will help them attract the best young athletes in the country to the sport.
The 'panchnama' document showed that the ED team took with it just two Gmail account downloads and three family phones from Kumar's house, Atishi claimed.
'Over 200 of Australia's most senior cricketers are unemployed as of the 1st of July'
Paine stood down after Melbourne's Herald Sun newspaper published alleged text message exchanges between him and an ex-Cricket Tasmania employee, claiming the co-worker had complained that he had sent an unsolicited picture of his genitals.
Sthalekar was a member of four Australian World Cup-winning teams across the ODI and T20 formats and captained Australia in three ODIs against New Zealand in 2006.
CA amends Code of Conduct policy, door now open for Warner to get leadership ban modified
Former players and pundits said CA had treated Langer poorly
Australia signal Warner ban to be revoked after integrity code review